All Metal Hotend E3D V5 for 1.75mm Filament
- No PEEK or PTFE
Reach Extremely High Temperatures
- 300ºC with supplied thermistor
- >400ºC with thermocouple (additional electronics may be required)
CNC Machined Parts
- High precision
- High quality surface finish
- Aesthetically Pleasing
- Prints almost every material (including PLA)
Short Thermal Transition
- Improves extrusion accuracy
- Reduces ‘blobbing’
- Lowers extrusion force
- Less retraction required
- Plenty of community designed mounts (e.g. Thingiverse)
- Designed to fit in 16mm Groove Mount (i.e. J-Head)
Our stainless-steel insulated actively cooled all-metal HotEnd Contains no heated PEEK or PTFE. The all-metal design will withstand temperatures well in excess of that ever required for thermoplastic extrusion.
Version 5 of this HotEnd is more easily assembled and remains directly compatible with standard 16mm extruder bodies and should fit most extruder bodies accordingly.
The CNC-machined parts not only assure quality, accuracy and strength but are also aesthetically pleasing.
All heated parts are either steel, aluminium or brass. By using a stainless steel heat-break and active cooling we have reduced the distance in which the plastic transitions from ambient temperatures to extrusion temperatures to 2mm. This extremely short transition from cold filament to molten plastic provides highly precise extrusion with little extrusion force and reduced jamming.
The supplied thermistor has a maximum temperature of 300ºC and is compatible with most 3D printing systems, however the hotend has been tested to beyond 400ºC using a thermocouple.
What is in the box:
- Aluminium Heatsink
- Stainless Steel Heatbreak
- Brass Nozzle (0.4mm)
- Heater Block
- 100K Thermistor
- 12v 40W Heater Cartridge
- 12v 30x30x10mm fan
- Fan Housing (Printed ABS)
- High Temperature Fiberglass Wire – for Thermistor (150mm)